Snippets from a bead artist.

12.21.2017

December Prompt Post

Happy holidays, everyone!  I hope that each and every one of you has a wonderful season - those that celebrate in some way and those that don't.  :)

This month's post is going to be quite short, because this is a 'free' month.  I'm not posting a prompt for December, as it's SUCH a hectic time for everyone, and because I would like to start the new year with a prompt on the first of each month rather than the 20th - which wouldn't leave a lot of time to complete a December prompt in any case.

There were a few votes in the group for wanting a prompt, so I did come up with a suggestion which you can use or not as you see fit - bead something with a metallic in it, something sparkly and exciting with golds or silvers, bronze or copper included with your happy colors.  Use a mixed metals palette!  Bronze, gold, and copper together look stunning, as does a mix of gold and silver or bronze and gold.

In closing out the year, it would be awesome if you took a moment to sit and think about what inspired you most with your beading this year - was it a specific design or pattern by a  favorite designer?  A new (to you) bead shape?  Using a color you hadn't tried before?  Learning a new stitch that you always wanted to master?  I'd love to hear about it, whether here in the comments or in the FB group.

I'm so pleased that folks have enjoyed this year's prompts and even more pleased that I did manage to bead a little - not enough, but a little.  I hope that the new year brings me some inspiration and some new designs and some excitement around the beads, and I intend to come up with prompts to get myself beading some more!


4 comments:

  1. Great minds......I just pulled out my metallic seed beads. I love having a monthly prompt that challenges me to try new ideas and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy, for all your hard work tbis year. Last night I was at a loss for something to make, and I ended up starting a bracelet with a metallic gold in it. It wasn't turn g out with the bead sizes suggested so I switched it up a bit, and it's looking beautiful now. But I've run out of seed bead, and can't get sny niw until after Christmas. I'll post a puc on your page. Looking forward to another year of prompts, as I tried a couple of new things this year with you. Ruffles for one. Merry Christmas Nancy. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My beading slowed down to a near halt this year, but it is slowly returning and I seem most interested in figuring out techniques and patterns that I've always wanted to try but could not find the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good promt. This time of year isn't at all hectic for me, just annoying. A bright, metallic project might be just the thing to keep me happy until the Unpleasantness is over on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment, it means a lot to me! Please don't be upset if I don't have time to respond personally to each comment - but be sure that I read each and every one of them! :)